- ATM Mailing List FAQ -- This FAQ will help to answer some of the more common questions beginners have about making their own telescopes. It also describes the ATM Mailing list, the list's rules, and resources available for telescope makers.
- Amateur Telescope Maker's (ATM) Archives -- Archives of the ATM Mailing List. The purpose of this group is to provide a forum to share experiences, ideas, and resources related to Amateur Telescope Making. Typical topics include glass pushing, mount making, and home observatories.
- Mel Bartel's Homepage -- From the long time ATM master, and pretty impressive Web page designer, comes this very useful Web site to ATMs.
- Mel Bartels' Diagonal Calculator -- JAVA calculator that calculates the radii of percentages of illumination for a given secondary size. A real gem when designing a Newtonian.
- Warren Peters' ATM Pages -- These are a few home astronomy projects. Extensive documentation included, so you should have a clear idea of what is required and exactly how to proceed. Many color coded figures and high resolution photographs included.
- The ATM Site -- This site is a repository for information for and by ATMs Amateur Telescope Makers). Over the years, web sites come and web sites go. Often, the owners move on and scrap their old web pages. When that happens, information is lost to the ATM community. To help prevent that from happening, this site was born from a discussion on the ATM list.
- Adventures in Collimation -- An excellent tutorial on collimating an 8", f5 Newtonian. The illustrations are especially good.
- Amateur Telescope Maker's Resource List -- A good, comprehensive listing of telescope making equipment suppliers. Started in 1990.
- UK-ATM Resources -- A page from one of the leading ATMs of Great Britain. More than a European ATM resource list, it has several good articles on simple projects.
- The ATM Page -- frequently updated articles on making telescopes. Beginning and advanced tricks of the trade.
- Amateur Telescope Making -- Mark V.'s adventures in telescope making, with lots of useful stuff along the way, much of it original.
- Amateur Telescope Making -- Links to may Telescope vendors, and a good classified section for used equipment.
If you have any questions about the Hawaiian Astronomical Society